To conserve soil when planting up large containers, consider how much soil your plants really need, then fill the bottom of the container with lighter-weight materials. An upended plastic nursery pot does a fine job of taking up space; fill in alongside it with Styrofoam peanuts.
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Saturday, May 18, 2013
NEVER initially squeeze or use tweezers on a splinter as you can do more damage than good.
1. Instead, add water to about 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to make a thick paste.
2. Spread the baking soda paste onto a bandage, then apply the bandage to the affected area and leave for 24 hours.
3. At this time, the splinter may be sticking out of the skin. If it's visible, pick it off with tweezers, and rinse the skin gently. If the splinter is sticking out but not visible, this may wash it away without further complications.
4. Repeat the method with new paste and another bandage every 24 hours until the splinter is gone.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Every metal has different properties and requires special care. Stainless steel is prone to stains from heat and hard water. To remove them, apply white vinegar with a soft cloth and rub. Always dry thoroughly after washing to prevent a film from forming. Never soak stainless steel cookware; this will result in pitted surfaces.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
What I personally love about the idea of an online consignment store is:
1) CONVENIENCE--you do not even need to leave the comfort of your home--my kind of shopping! ;)
2) SAVINGS--as many of you parents know, clothing is one of the largest expenses while raising children, and why pay full price when you do not need to!
So I ordered my items late Thursday evening and they arrived by Tuesday morning. Needless to say, I was eager to see each item in full view. (The attached photo shows the items I purchased for my son). Side Note: since Perfect Threads does not accept returns or exchanges, I highly recommend viewing each item you plan on buying in full view by zooming in to inspect!
I also cannot speak negatively in regards to the company's customer service. I had a few questions before ordering and received a response within less than an hour with all the answers. Not to mention, the speedy delivery service was fantastic!
I am absolutely in LOVE with Kale chips! Not only are they super tasty, but they are HEALTHY too!
Try them today:
1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and garlic powder for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, garlic and salt. Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes.